Thursday 29 December 2011

Christmas Songs

I know it's a few days late, but I've been really quite ill over the past few days. It's a relief to be back though. 


I thought I'd do a post a few posts about Christmas because after talking to the current French assistant at school, it seems that the traditions in France are quite different to the traditions I'm used to in England. 


However, to start, I've decided to write a little bit about French Christmas songs and carols, after my friend Hannah kindly sent me a link to one earlier this month (we share an interest in both Christmas songs and French songs). 




Above is the one she sent to me, although she also told me that Édith Piaf did a version: 




After doing a bit of research, I found a few other songs that are apparently quite popular in France. 








I also found plenty of Christmas songs that are very popular in England that have been given French lyrics. My favourites are probably...


L'enfant au tambour (Little Drummer Boy)


and Vive le vent (Jingle Bells)


Hope you've all had a nice Christmas, I'll be posting again in the next few days.


Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment